Vacancy: Harvesting Manager
Our agricultural machinery is the key to meeting the biggest global challenge: supplying 7 billion people with food, clothing and renewable energy. At Ripon Farm Services we understand our customers are faced with this challenge and that our goal is that we are right there beside them as their preferred partner. Our products and state of the art technological solutions will help our customers reach this goal. We are looking for a Harvesting Manager to join our team, a field role based throughout our sales area.
Provides expertise for supporting sales on Combines, Self-Propelled Forage Harvesters and Large Square Balers. Assists salesmen when a high level of knowledge and expertise are required to provide convincing sales arguments on specific products or solutions (Harvest – Crop care) to customers. Analyses the market and competition for dedicated products.
Provides leadership and support to Salesmen across the dealership organisation for the sale of dedicated products, especially on prospecting, customer qualification and solution configuration.
Proactively manage difficult issues in regards to the jobs area of responsibility.
Works with the Group Sales Manager to develop, maintain and manage the execution of a sales marketing plan concerning special products or solutions across the organisation.
Ensures sales and market share goals are met.
Demonstrates to the sales team a positive attitude and provides an uplifting and realistic outlook on the opportunities that may be presented.
Develops and delivers Salesmen training for specific products or solutions within the area of expertise.
Identifies and leads training opportunities for customer education programs, clinics and special events.
Conducts new equipment field demonstrations with the assistance of other specialists.
Monitors competitor activity and products and communicates to the Sales Management accordingly.
Acts in a professional manner and actively promotes Ripon Farm Services and John Deere with positivity and integrity.
Skills and Qualifications
Full UK driving licence
Excellent knowledge of agricultural harvesting equipment and farming operational practices.
Ability to use standard computer applications and internet functions.
Ability to analyse and interpret internal reports.
Excellent customer relationship skills.
Ability to work extended hours.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Excellent attitude with integrity and honesty.
To get started, please send an up to date CV to – email@example.com . There is no application deadline but we’ll reply to all entries within 2 weeks.
Trailer Service Technician
Ripon Trailer Centre, North Bridge, North Road, Ripon, HG4 1HY
Duties To work in a busy Trailer Service Department performing maintenance and repairs on all types of trailers. This role also involves dealing directly with customers, working in the shop supporting customers with their purchasing requirements.
Qualities Proficient knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems is required to enable the repair of trailers. Working in a customer facing role would be beneficial. A driving licence would be required as there will be a need to drive company vehicles.
Hours of work Monday to Friday (8am till 5pm) with flexible overtime to suit the business demands at weekends.
· Attractive salary package, further negotiable depending on experience, with overtime.
· Entry into the company pension scheme.
· Full company uniform provision including work boots, clothing and overalls provided by the company.
· Plus a company account offering staff discount on clothing, tools and all our showroom items.
· Full product and personal development training is offered and comprehensive training paths, tailored to you, are provided.
· A chance to work with industry leading trailer machinery and technology.
Applications: To get started with this exciting career, please send an up to date CV to –
Miss Stef Platts at the above address or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agricultural Service Technician
Ripon Farm Services, Dallamires Lane, Ripon, HG4 1TT
To work in a busy Agricultural Service Department performing maintenance and repairs on agricultural machinery. This work will often be done at customer’s farms ensuring plenty of local travel around the area.
Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems is required to enable the repair of agricultural equipment. A base understanding of agriculture and machinery would be essential. A driving licence would be required as there will be a need to drive company vehicles.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday (8am till 5pm) with flexible overtime to suit the business demands at evenings and weekends.
- Attractive salary package, further negotiable depending on experience, with overtime.
- Entry into the company pension scheme.
- Full company uniform provision including work boots, clothing and overalls provided by the company.
- Diagnostic laptop & phone pre-installed with all the latest industry leading diagnostic programs and machinery support, plus training available on how to get the most from it.
- Plus a company account offering staff discount on clothing, tools and all our showroom items.
- Full product and personal development training is offered and comprehensive training paths, tailored to you, are provided.
- A chance to work with industry leading John Deere machinery and technology.
Applications: To get started with this exciting career, please send an up to date CV to – email@example.com